スキップしてメイン コンテンツに移動

Learn Japanese in AAA! さよならの前に part 1

Hello, and thank you for checking this blog!

Before starting, I'd like to introduce myself a bit since this is the first article I'm uploading in English. I'm Tuna, a freshman in a university in the states majoring in geology! I'm 100% pure Japanese, I lived in London, UK for about 2 years, and in New Jersey, USA for about two and a half years, but that was way back in second grade, so I know that my English is a bit childish and I make horrible grammar mistakes, and I apologize for that before you get confused. And please feel free to correct me in the comments! It'll definitely help me improve my English!

Also the format I will be taking is from another website I used to study Korean! It might be hard to see so please let me know if there can be any improvements on that as well!

So on this page, I will translate and explain the grammar and words that are used in a Japanese song さよならの前にsayonaranomaeni)by AAA! (they're my favorite Jpop band!!!! Great dance and vocals!)
AAA is a 6 member Jpop group that debut in 2005, and さよならの前にwas their 42nd CD single released in 2014!




最後  の   ページに  結末         が あるように
saigo no pe-ji ni ketsumatsu ga aruyouni
Like the ending is on the last page

*最後 last
*〜の (のis a preposition that has many roles, in this case, by saying最後の it makes 最後 work like an adjective)
*ページ page
*〜に at/on (に is a particle that has many roles, in this case, it shows that it's on the last page)
*結末 ending
*〜が (がis also a particle which indicates the subject. In this line the subject is "ending".)
*ある to exist/to be (in the translation above it's the is)
*〜ように like, so that (ようにis the adverb to show it's a metaphor)

二人    の  日々 も   終わる時 が  くるのかな
futari no hibi mo owarutoki ga kurunokana
Will, there be an ending to the days we spend together

*二人 two people (it does not say that these two are a couple, but since this is a love song we can imagine that the two are dating)
*〜の 's (when a のcomes after a person or any word that describes a person, it means that the following noun belongs to the person like私の=my/誰かの=someones)
*日々 days 
*〜も too/as well (in this case, it connects with the line before)
*くる come 
*〜の will (this の makes the statement into a questioning phrase, so by saying くるの it means will it come?)
*かな I wonder

揺れる  気持ち    を    胸    の  奥   に  秘めた まま
yureru kimochi wo mune no oku ni himeta mama
Keeping my mixed feelings inside my heart

*揺れる waver, sway, shake (in this case, the subject is 気持ち so waver might be the best)
*気持ち feeling
*〜を (を is a particle that indicates the direct object of the action)
*胸 heart (also means chest)
*〜の (indicates possessive)
*奥 inner part, inside
*〜に in
*秘めた hide (the kanji 秘 is also used in 秘密which means secret)
*まま to leave something like the way it is (there isn't a specific word that can be translated, 秘めたままmeans stay hidden)

ごまかす    ように  抱きしめ たり キス を した ね
gomakasu youni dakishime tari kisu wo sita ne
We hugged and kissed to forget about it

*ごまかす to deceive, falsify
*ように so that, in order to
*抱きしめる hug (since there's a たりfollowing and the form changes, but the actual word is 抱きしめる)
*〜たり -ing/-ed  (たりis a particle which goes between two verbs and translated to -ing/-ed and -ing/-ed. Usually in a sentence there will be another たり after the second verb)
*キス kiss
*〜を 
*した did
*〜ね (ね at the end of a sentence makes it more casual and soft)

震える     指先      で  誓い合った 未来 も
Furueru yubisaki de chikaiatta mirai mo
The future we promised with our shivering fingertips

*震える shiver, shake, quiver
*指先 fingertips (指means finger)
*〜で with, by
*誓い合った past tense of 誓い合うwhich means promise/swear/vow to each other (誓う means swear, and is a stronger word than 約束 which means promise) (verb合う means that they do the verb together or to each other)
*未来 future
*〜も too, also

確か     な  あの  温もり    も
tashika na ano nukumori mo
That certain warmth too

*確か certain, sure
*〜な (when な is following it becomes an adverb)
*あの that (there is a similar word その, but when we use あの it means that the subject has a certain distance from both speaker and listener or is unfamiliar for both.)
*温もり warmth
*〜も too, also

別れ      の 日 が  嘘  に 変えて いく
wakare no hi ga uso ni kaete iku
the day we break up changes everything into lies

Before going to the vocab part, I'd like to explain this weird translation first.
This song is about a couple that is still together but knowing they will break up. So this line means that all the memories and promises will become false or fake by breaking up.

*別れ parting, break up, division
*〜の (indicates possessive)
* 日 day
*〜が (indicates the subject)
*嘘 lie, untruth
*〜に into
*変えて te form of 変えるwhich means change
*いく continue (by saying 変えていく it shows that it slowly changes and keeps ongoing)

君 に さよなら 告げる ため 僕ら あんなに 
kimi ni sayonara tsugeru tame bokura annani 
愛し合った の   かな
aishiatta  no  kana
Did we love each other to say goodbye to you

*君 you
*〜に to
*さよなら goodbye, farewell
*告げる say
*ため to, for, for the sake of (ため comes after a verb, and 告げるため means to say)
*僕ら us (僕 is how boys call themselves, so in this song, the boy is the narrator, and 君 is a girl)
*あんなに to that extent (this word shows that there was a great amount of something that cannot be counted, so あんなに愛し合ったmeans loved each other that much)
*愛し合った loved each other (past tense of 愛し合う)(愛す means to love)
*〜の makes it a question
*かな I wonder

これ   が 二人   の  結末          と  知って も
kore ga futari no ketsumatu to shitte    mo
Even if I know this is the ending of us

*これ this
*〜が (indicates the subject)
*二人   two people, us (here, we know that there's only two of them so it can be translated "us")
*〜の (indicates possessive)
*結末 ending
*〜と と is a shorted word of だと which means "if it's the case". So it will be 結末だと知っても
*知って know (te form of 知る)
*〜も even

好き  だよ って 君  に  伝え   られた  かな
suki dayo tte kimi ni tsutae rareta kana
Was I able to tell you "I love you"

*好き love, like
*だよ this word doesn't have any actual meaning but by saying this at the last of a sentence it makes it more casual!
*って someone said. (like we use he/she/you said after "", we use ってafter a quote. Here, 好きだよ was a dialogue so ってcomes after)
*君 you
*〜に to
*伝え an incomplete form of 伝える which means tell
*〜られた was able to
*かな I wonder



We are not finished yet, but I'd like to continue to the next article since it's getting quite long.

So, thank you for accessing and reading my article, I hope it somehow helped you, and feel free to ask me anything by commenting on this article or sending a message to me on Twitter or Instagram!
Also please let me know if there's a song that you want to study or translate!

最後になりましたが、こんにちは!ツナと申します!この度は私のブログを見つけて読んでくださりありがとうございます!
実は一度この記事は別用途で使用しているAmebaに投稿したものなのですが、せっかくならもっと海外の方がアクセスしやすいところに投稿したいなと思い新しくブログを始めました!
私が長年ファンをしているAAAを中心に日本語の曲の歌詞の翻訳だったり説明の記事を書いていこうと思っていますが、英語も日本語も拙いのでもし何か訂正すべき箇所等があればコメントで教えてください!



次回お会いしましょう!
tuna
twitter @na_na_0713
Instagram @nana713.aaa

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Learn Japanese in Nissy! トリコ 

Hello and welcome back! Today on this article I'll be translating トリコ by Nissy a.k.a Takahiro Nishijima(西島隆弘)!! Nishijima Takahiro is a member of AAA, also working for a solo singer as Nissy! And today September 30th is his 33rd birthday!!! So, I thought of writing an article about one of his song!! Here's the link to his official homepage just in case you want to know more about him! https://avex.jp/nissy/ So トリコ(toriko)is a song that was released in 2018, and was the theme song for a Japanese movie あの子のトリコ (anokonotoriko) It's really a cute and catchy song with some easy dance moves and last year EVERYONE was uploading their dance videos! So let's get on to the translation! 君  の   話         は 素直   に  聞く よ?   kimi no hanashi ha sunao ni kiku yo? I'll listen to you obediently *君 You *〜の 's (indicates possessive) *話 talk, story *〜は (indicates contrast with other opinions so in this case, it says that I'll listen to YOU obediently, but

ワガママ by Nissy (lyric translation)

Hello and welcome to TUNAlator! In this article, I will be translating a Japanese song ワガママ by Nissy (Nishijima Takahiro from AAA)!!! Nissy is a member of a six-member Jpop group, and ワガママis his third solo song that was released in 2013! It's his first solo ballad, and I'm sure it's many people's favorite Nissy song! The music video has a story and it might be nice to watch this first before going to the translation, it'll probably help you get the brief idea of this song! The melody, lyrics, and Nissy's voice are beautiful and it's just PERFECT. I've heard him singing this song live four times but I still get goosebumps, I even get them when I'm watching the DVD!!! So for this song, I won't write the detailed grammar explanation, but just the translation for each line! The translation would not be the direct translation of the words but the meaning of the line, and I'll try to make it sense as possible! Also, I just got advice f