スキップしてメイン コンテンツに移動

Learn Japanese in Nissy! トリコ 

Hello and welcome back!

Today on this article I'll be translating トリコ by Nissy a.k.a Takahiro Nishijima(西島隆弘)!!

Nishijima Takahiro is a member of AAA, also working for a solo singer as Nissy!
And today September 30th is his 33rd birthday!!! So, I thought of writing an article about one of his song!!
Here's the link to his official homepage just in case you want to know more about him!
https://avex.jp/nissy/

So トリコ(toriko)is a song that was released in 2018, and was the theme song for a Japanese movie あの子のトリコ(anokonotoriko)
It's really a cute and catchy song with some easy dance moves and last year EVERYONE was uploading their dance videos!

So let's get on to the translation!

君  の   話         は 素直   に  聞く よ? 
kimi no hanashi ha sunao ni kiku yo?
I'll listen to you obediently

*君 You
*〜の 's (indicates possessive)
*話 talk, story
*〜は (indicates contrast with other opinions so in this case, it says that I'll listen to YOU obediently, but not others)
*素直 obedient (素直is a なadjective, so when な,に, or のfollows after, it works as an adjective)
*〜に -ly(makes the word before an adjective)
*聞く listen
*〜よ (よ is a word that comes at the end of a sentence and makes it タメ口which is more informal and friendly)

だから   怒らないで  一緒  に 帰ろう  baby
dakara okoranaide issyo ni kaerou baby
So don't get angry and let's go home together

*だから So
*怒る get angry
*〜ない no (this word negates a verb, so by saying 怒らない means doesn't get angry)
*〜で and; then (we use say ないで a lot, which means without doing something)
*一緒に together (にmakes the word an adverb, 一緒 means together as well but is an adverbial noun)
*帰る go back (usually we say 帰るwhen we go back to our home)
*帰ろう is a volitional form of 帰る so it's translated into "let's go home"

何があったの? ちゃんと言ってよ
nani ga atta no? chanto itte yo
What happened? Tell me

*何 what
*〜が (indicates the subject of the sentence)
*あった happened (past tense of ある=happen)
*〜の (indicates question)
*ちゃんと properly
*言って say (polite command form of 言う)
*〜よ (makes the sentence polite and informal)

*ちゃんと言って is a phrase when we want the opponent to tell more about something they're trying to hide or not saying clearly.*

僕     は  君    の  トリコ さ
boku ha kimi no toriko sa
I'm your captive

*僕 Me
*〜は (indicates emphasis)
*君の Your
*トリコ captive (often written in kanji 虜)
*〜さ (indicates assertion)

いつも   不器用   な あなた だけど
itsumo bukiyou na anata dakedo
You're always clumsy but

*いつも always
*不器用な clumsy, awkward (なadvjective)
*あなた you (in Japanese there are sooooo many ways to say "you" and あなた is one way to say you politer and formal than 君. Women use this あなた when they call their husband!)
*だけど but, however

負けちゃいそう な 時   は  そば に いて くれる My girl
makechaisou na toki ha soba ni ite kureru My girl
When I'm about to lose you're by my side

*負けちゃいそう about to lose
-負ける lose
-〜ちゃう to do something but not on purpose (so by saying 負けちゃう it means that I'm trying hard but not able to win)
-〜しそう/そう about to, almost
(負けちゃいそうis used in it's direct meaning "about to lose" but also has a meaning "feel weak")
*〜な (makes the verb work as an adjective)
*時 times
*〜は (indicates emphasis)
*そば near, close, beside
*〜に by
*いて to be, exist (request/command form of いる)
*くれる to do something for someone

君    の  気 を 引っ掛ける 罠     さぁ NO!
kimi no ki wo hikkakeru wana sa NO!
It's a trap to catch your attention

*君の your
*気 feeling, attention
*〜を (indicates the direct object of the action)
*引っ掛ける catch, hang
*罠 trap
*さぁ (also written さ) (indicates assertion)

何     しても     ダメな   僕     だけど   君    だけは   離さない!
nani shitemo damena boku dakedo kimi dakeha hanasanai!
Even though I'm not good at anything, I won't let you go

*何 what, anything
*しても even if I do
-する (a different form of し)do
-ても even though, even if
*ダメな not good(なadjective)
*僕 me (僕 is usually used by boys)
*だけど but, however
*君 you
*だけは at least
*離さない won't let go
-離す let go
-〜ない (negates the verb before)

ドキドキ   瞳      も ポロポロ   溢れる   雫       も
dokidoki hitomi mo poroporo afureu shizuku mo
The pupils that make my heart flutter, and the tears rolling down

*ドキドキ flutter, pound (ドキドキis an onomatopeia of the sound of our heart thumping and we use it when we're really nervous or very excited that we can almost hear the sound of our heart)
*瞳 pupils, eyes
*〜も and (often used once more after showing ____ and ____ )
*ポロポロ (an onomatopoeia of the sound of something very round rolling down)
*溢れる dropping, flooding
*雫 drop (from ポロポロ and 溢れる we imagen that these drops are teardrops)
*〜も and

抱きしめて    みせる   よ 君    が  欲しい から
dakishimete miseru yo kimi ga hoshii kara
I'll hug it because I want you

*抱きしめて to hug (てform of 抱きしめる)
*〜みせる/してみせる I will do surely (by saying 抱きしめてみせる it means that I'll surely hug it, and the "it" here is the pupils and tears which means the weak part of you)
*〜よ (indicates emphasis)
*君 you
*〜が (indicates the subject of the sentence) 
*欲しい want
*から because

キラキラ  描く   未来  どんどん 過ぎる 今
kirakira egaku mirai dondon sugiru ima
The shining future we picture, the time that pasts inexorably

*キラキラ sparkling, shining, glittering (onomatopeia of a shiny thing shining)
*描く picture, imagen
*未来 future
*どんどん inexorably, relentlessly (onomatopeia of the speed of something becoming big, small, far, etc. so when we say どんどん過ぎる it means that it pasts really inexorably)
*過ぎる past
*今 now

「夢は叶うかな?」 うん、そんな君が好き
yume ha kanau kana?  unn, sonnna kimi ga suki
"Will my dream come true?" Yes, I like you being like that

*「」 "" marks that indicate a quote
*夢 dream
*〜は (indicates emphasis)
*叶う come true
*かな I wonder
*うん yes, yeah, yep
*そんな such, like that
*君 you
*〜が (indicates the subject of the sentence)
*好き like/love

追いかける から 諦めない   よ?
oikakeru kara akiramenai yo?
I'll chase you and I won't give up

*追いかける chase
*から because
*諦めない won't give up
-諦める give up
-ない (negates the verb)
*よ (makes the phrase polite and informal)

真っ直ぐな    気持ち   ほっとけなくて baby
massuguna kimochi hottokenakute baby
Can't leave the honest feeling

*真っ直ぐな honest (なadjective)
*気持ち feeling
*ほっとけない can't leave
-ほっとく leave (ほっとくis a shorten and casual way of saying 放っておく)
-ない (negates the verb)
*〜て (indicates the continuing action)

独り占め   するよ? わかってる でしょ? 僕   は    君の  トリコ さ
hitorijime suruyo? wakatteru desyo? boku ha kimino toriko sa
I'll monopolize you. Don't you already know? I'm your captive

*独り占め monopolize
*する will
*よ (makes the phrase polite and informal)
*by saying するよ? it's asking "can I?" but not giving an option
*わかってる know, understand (shorten and casual way of saying わかっている)
*でしょ right?
*僕 me
*は am
*君の your
*トリコ captive
*〜さ (indicates assertation)

急にせまる あなたの 優しさ
kyuuni semaru anatano yasashisa
Your kindness that suddenly approaches

*急に suddenly (なadjective)
*せまる approach
*あなたの your
*優しさ kindness (優しい means kind)

たまに 寄り添っちゃう から 困らせ    ないで My girl
tamani yorisotchau kara komarase naide My girl
I'll lean on sometimes so don't make me bother

*たまに occasionally, sometimes
*寄り添っちゃう snuggle, nestle (from the line before, it means that I try not to but sometimes lean on and depend on your kindness)
-寄り添う snuggle, nestle
-〜ちゃう/しちゃう can't keep me from _____ (a shortened and casual way of saying してします)
*から so
*困らせる bother
*〜ないで don't

君の気を引っ掛ける罠さぁ yeah!
(There was an exact same line before so I'm skipping this!)

「本気だ!」なんて 見せない けど 君    だけは   離さない!
honnkida! nannte misenai kedo kimi dakeha hanasanai!
I won't show me being serious but I won't let you go!

*本気 serious
*〜だ be, is (informal way of sayingである)
*なんて such as, things like
*見せない won't show
-見せる show
-ない (negates the verb)
*this line is a bit tricky, it's saying that I don't want to show that I've been trying so hard and being so serious about things which are a bit dumb, but I won't show you that
*君 you
*だけは at least
*離さない won't let go

*I'm sorry but the lyrics of the 2nd chors are the same as the 1st chors so I'm going to skip it*

一緒に      過ごした    気持ち に 振り向いて みませんか? 
isshyoni sugoshita kimochi ni furimuite mimasennka?
Wouldn't you try to look back to the feeling we spent together?

*一緒に together (なadjective)
*過ごした spent (past tense of 過ごす=spend)
*気持ち feeling
*〜に to
*振り向く look back
*みませんか wouldn't we/you try
-〜みる/してみる try
-ます (used to indicate respect for those affected by the action)
If you've already studied Japanese you might already know that Japanese has words and grammar rules we use to people who are older or in a higher rank than our selves which we call 敬語keigo. By using ます or です it makes it more formal and politer than just saying the word but still casual and not too stiff.
-〜か (indicates a question)

「はい!伝えたい こと が あり ます!」
hai! tsutaetai koto ga ari masu!
I have something I want to tell! 

*はい yes (this yes is not the yes of yes/no but just a word to respond to something or to attract someone. It might be similar to "attention please")
*伝えたい want to tell
-伝える tell
-〜たい/したい want
*こと thing, something
*〜が (indicates the subject of the sentence)
*ある have
*ます (used to indicate respect for those affected by the action, 敬語)

だから、こっちを向いて 
dakara kocchi wo muite 
So look this way 

*だから So
*こっち this way (towards the speaker)
*〜を (indicates the direct object of the action)
*向いて look at, turn to

ねぇ もっと  近くに     きて ねぇ ずっと 目 を 見つめて
ne-  motto chikakuni kite ne- zutto me wo mitsumete 
hey, come closer. hey keep looking in my eyes 

*ねぇ Hey
*もっと more
*近くに close (のadjective)
*きて come
*ねぇ hey
*ずっと keep on, always (to continue something forever, or a long period)
*目 eye
*〜を (indicates the direct object of the action)
*見つめて stare at, gaze at

*skipping the ドキドキ - 雫もpart*

ずっと そばに 居て くれた から 恋 が 走り    ました
zutto sobani ite kureta kara koi ga hashiri mashita 
Since you were always by my side, love ran

*ずっと always
*そばに beside, close (のadjective)
*居て be, exist
*〜くれた to do something for someone
*から so, because
*恋 love
*〜が (indicates the subject of the sentence)
*走しりました ran
-走る run
-ました past tense of ます(敬語)

*I know that "love ran" is such a weird phrase, it's not even a Japanese idiom or something, it's just a phrase in this song, but has the meaning that romance(a love story)started (I'm not sure if that even makes sense either). We usually say 走り出す when something starts, so I believe that it just got shortened but still has the same meaning.

*skipping キラキラ - 今*

「夢     を  叶えよう」
yume wo kanaeyou 
let's make the dream come true

*夢 dream
*〜を (indicates the direct object of the action)
*叶えよう let's make it come true
-叶える make it come true
-〜よう/しよう let's

うん、そんな 君  が 好き そう あなた が 好き
Un sonnna kimi ga suki sou anata ga suki 
Yes, I like you like that, yes I like you

*うん Yes (more casual than はい)
*そんな like that
*君 you
*〜が (indicates the subject of the sentence)
*好き like/love
*そう Yes
*あなた you
*〜が (indicates the subject of the sentence)
*好き like/love



Yeahhhhhh! We're all done!!!!!
Otsukaresamadeshita!
I just typed this in a rush (about three hours) and I'm sure I have so many mistakes even though I did look through it a couple times.
So please ask me any question if there's something hard to understand or if there's something incorrect just let me know in the comments!

This song might be difficult since the lyrics are in the speaking tone so it has many particles and also contains the 敬語thingy. I personally think that 敬語 might be the hardest things to study in Japanese especially if your culture doesn't have a system like that, but it's quite useful when you want to show respect or make it formal, or to just make it more polite. So I might upload an article about 敬語 or maybe find a song that we can learn 敬語 well!

So this is it for this article, and before going to my Japanese ending, I just want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY Nissy! And thank you so much for the great song and amazing entertainment, I hope it'll be a great year, and I'm looking forward to seeing more and more fantastic dreams with you! LOVE YOU!

こんにちは、ツナです!
ここまで読んでいただきありがとうございます!
今回は大好きなAAAメンバーの西島隆弘さんの誕生日企画として、Nissyのトリコという曲を翻訳させていただきました!
去年の今日、京セラで誕生日ライブだったはずが台風で公演中止になって前日から号泣してたなか届いたのがこのトリコでした。それも泣きながら見たのも今ではいい思い出ですw
言葉も難しくないし、擬音語もあるからやりやすいかなと思っていたのですが、話し口調の歌詞だからか、思うように当てはまる言葉がみつからずに苦戦したり、「です」「ます」がでてきたりして思ってたよりも大変でした!
でも自分の中でも新しい発見ができたりして楽しみながらできたと思います!
それでもやっぱり拙い文章ではあるので、もし何かご指摘があればぜひコメント欄でコメントをお願いします!

それでは次回お会いしましょう!

tuna 
twitter @na_na_0713
instagram @nana713.aaa




コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Learn Japanese in AAA! さよならの前に part 1

Hello, and thank you for checking this blog! Before starting, I'd like to introduce myself a bit since this is the first article I'm uploading in English. I'm Tuna, a freshman in a university in the states majoring in geology! I'm 100% pure Japanese, I lived in London, UK for about 2 years, and in New Jersey, USA for about two and a half years, but that was way back in second grade, so I know that my English is a bit childish and I make horrible grammar mistakes, and I apologize for that before you get confused. And please feel free to correct me in the comments! It'll definitely help me improve my English! Also the format I will be taking is from another website I used to study Korean! It might be hard to see so please let me know if there can be any improvements on that as well! So on this page, I will translate and explain the grammar and words that are used in a Japanese song  さよならの前に ( sayonaranomaeni )by  AAA ! (they're my favorite Jpop band!!!! Gre

ワガママ by Nissy (lyric translation)

Hello and welcome to TUNAlator! In this article, I will be translating a Japanese song ワガママ by Nissy (Nishijima Takahiro from AAA)!!! Nissy is a member of a six-member Jpop group, and ワガママis his third solo song that was released in 2013! It's his first solo ballad, and I'm sure it's many people's favorite Nissy song! The music video has a story and it might be nice to watch this first before going to the translation, it'll probably help you get the brief idea of this song! The melody, lyrics, and Nissy's voice are beautiful and it's just PERFECT. I've heard him singing this song live four times but I still get goosebumps, I even get them when I'm watching the DVD!!! So for this song, I won't write the detailed grammar explanation, but just the translation for each line! The translation would not be the direct translation of the words but the meaning of the line, and I'll try to make it sense as possible! Also, I just got advice f