スキップしてメイン コンテンツに移動

Learn Japanese in AAA! さよならの前に part 2

Hello and welcome back! 

On this page, I will be translating and explaining the lyrics of a Japanese song, さよならの前に by AAA!
Like it says in the title, this is part 2, so if you haven't seen that yet, it's the article before this so please go an check! 

Before starting the translation, let's go over what we learned about the song last time.
To be very simple, it's a song about a couple that will break up soon and is sung from the boy's perspective. In part 1 we went through the verse, bridge, and chorus. 
And here's a fact that might help you, we call the verse "Aメロ(a-melo)", the bridge "Bメロ(b-melo)", and the chorus(or maybe hook) "サビ(sabi)". In this song from 最後のページに to キスをしたね is the Aメロ, from 震える指先で to 嘘に変えていく is the Bメロ, and from 君にさよなら to 伝えられたかな is the サビ! 
And we will be working from the following rap part!

So let's get started!!!

もう  遅かった  かな 
mou osokatta kana
Was I late

*もう already 
*遅かった past tense of 遅い which means to be late
*かな I wonder (this part makes this statement into a question)

言葉      も  この  手  も   届かなかった
kotoba mo kono te mo todokanakatta 
My hands and words did not reach you

*言葉 word(s)
*〜も too
*この this 
*手 hand(s) (by saying この手 it shows that it's the boy's hand)
*〜も too 
*届かなかった did not reach you
(this word can be divided into three parts 届く ない かった
-届く reach
-ない negates the verb
-かった makes the verb past tense
So combining all three parts, it'll be translated to did not reach)

笑い声      も     胸   の  トゲ  も
waraigoe mo mune no toge mo
The laughter and the thorns in my heart

*笑い声 laughter (笑うis laugh 声is voice)
*〜も too
*胸 heart
*〜の (indicates possessive)
*トゲ thorn
*〜も too

思い出   が  この  目   から   零れ   そう
omoide ga kono me kara kobore sou
The memories are almost going to fall out from my eyes

*思い出 memory
*〜が (indicates the subject)
*この this 
*目 eye
*から from
*零れ incomplete form of 零れるwhich means to fall, spill, overflow. (when you say 涙が零れる it means that you burst into tears)
*そう almost going to happen/ make it happen but not yet(when そうis after a verb, it means that the action has not happened yet)

Before going to the next line, I'd like to clear the meaning of this line! 
So it does not mention any tears but when we use 零れる and 目 together, we can imagen tears, so by saying 思い出が目から零れる it means that all the memories are going to make he/she cry!

ちょっと遅すぎたかな 
chotto ososugita kana
Was I a little bit too late 

*ちょっと a little bit 
*遅すぎた too late (when すぎたcomes after a verb it means "too")
*かな I wonder

素直になれないこの口だから
sunao ni narenai kono kuchi dakara
since my mouth cannot be honest 

*素直 honest 
*〜に to
*なれない cannot be 
this word can be divided into なるand ない
-なる be
-ない not (when it connects to a verb it makes the verb negative)
*この this 
*口 mouth
*だから because, since (you will often see から which has the same meaning)

before going to the next line I'd like to make the meaning clear here(again)
So by saying that my mouth is not honest, it means that he can't say his true feelings. A figure of speech!

上手     に  言葉    が  繋げない 
jyouzu ni kotoba ga tsunagenai 
I can't connect the words well 

*上手 well, skillful 
*〜に(上手is a なadjective and by saying 上手な it becomes an adjective. This に is an irregular form of な)
*言葉 word
*〜が (indicates the subject)
*繋げない cannot connect (繋ぐconnect + ないcannot)

ただ「好き  だよ」だけ  伝えたい
tada "suki dayo" dake tsutaetai
I just want to say "Love you"

*ただ just, only, simply
*好き love, like
*だよ a word that makes it more casual and soft
*だけ just, only
*伝えたい want to tell (伝えるtell/say + たいwant to)

同じ  映画  を  何度も  見る みたいに
onaji eiga wo nanndomo miru mitaini
Like watching the same movie over and over 

*同じ same
*映画 movie
*〜を (indicates the direct object of the action)
*何度も many times over
*見る watch
*みたいに like (みたいにis used in between a noun/verb-casual and a verb/adjective. When a noun follows it will be みたいな)

共に       過ごした  今日  までの     刻   を   想う
tomoni sugoshita kyou madeno toki wo omou
Recalling the times we spent together till today

*共に together
*過ごした spent (past tense of 過ごすspend)
*今日 today
*まで till 
*刻 time 
(This word is an irregular word, which is not usually read toki but koku. We call these words 当て字(ateji) and we see these often in mangas and lyrics. It simply makes the word look cooler or stronger)
*〜を (indicates the direct object of the action)
*想う think, recall (it has almost the same meaning of 思うbut by using this kanji, it means more about the feeling, not the ideas in the head)

君    の  台詞  や   流した     涙       の  意味 を
kimi no selifu ya nagasita namida no imi wo
The meaning of the words you said and tears you shed

*君 you
*〜の 's (by saying 君の it means your)
*台詞 words, quote 
*〜や and 
*流した shed (past tense of 流す)
*涙 tear
*〜の (indicates possessive)
*意味 meaning
*〜を (indicates the direct object of the action)

受け止めてたら   違う      風景    たどれた かな
uketometetara chigau keshiki tadoreta kana
Would I have seen a different scene if I had accepted it

*受け止めてたら if I had accepted 
-受け止める accept
-てたら if I had
*違う different
*風景 an ateji of 景色(keshiki) which means scene, scenery, landscape. 風景is usually pronounced Fuukei
*たどれた was able to follow  (by saying 景色をたどるit means to see the scenes/landscapes)
*かな I wonder 

終わり が 怖い    なら  始め   なければ  いい と
owari ga kowai nara hajime nakereba ii to
If you're scared to end, don't start it 

*終わり end
*〜が (indicates the subject)
*怖い scared 
*〜なら If 
*始め start
*なければ don't 
*いい fine, good, okay
*〜と (particle used for quoting)

出逢う 前   の  僕ら     なら  信じてた  ね
deau mae no bokura nara sinnjiteta ne
If it was us before we got together, we would've believed 

*出逢う got together(started dating. Same pronunciation as 出会うbut by using this kanji it means that they got together in a romantic situation. 出会うsimply means to meet or encounter)
*前 before 
*〜の (indicates possessive)
*僕ら us
*なら if 
*信じてた believed (past tense of 信じる)
*〜ね (a word that comes at the end of the sentence to make it casual and soft)

疑い     も せずに
utagai mo sezuni
even without doubting 

*疑い doubt 
*〜も even
*せずに without

君    に  さよなら  告げる   まで   で  いい
kimi ni sayonara tsugeru made de ii
It's fine till I say goodbye to you

*君 you
*〜に to
*さよなら goodbye
*告げる say
*まで till
*〜で (indicates the time of the action)
*いい fine, okay

誰    より 傍     に いて ほしい
dare yori soba ni ite hoshii
I want you to be by my side, closer than anyone else

*誰 anyone, someone
*より than (by saying 誰よりit means than anyone else)
*傍 beside
*〜に at 
*いて stay, to exist (imperative form of いる) 
*ほしい want 

そんな  二人  の  結末            を  知っても
sonna futari no ketsumatsu wo shitttemo
Even if we know such a future of the two

*そんな such, like that 
*二人 two people
*〜の (indicates possessive)
*結末 ending
*〜を (indicates direct object of action)
*知っても even if I know (知るknow + てもeven if)

出逢えて よかった と 想い合える まで
deaete yokatta to omoiaeiru made
till we can feel together that it was good to date

*出逢えて got together/was on a date
*よかった was good
*〜と (particle used to quote)
*想い合える feel together (想うfeel + 合える together)
*まで till

Since the next two parts chorus has the same lyrics as it does in the 1st and 2nd chorus, I'll skip that part and move on to the last part!

好き  だよ 
suki dayo
Love you

*好き love/like
*だよ a word to makes it casual and soft

今更        だけど
imasara dakedo
Although it's too late

*今更 (this word is very hard to be translated, but has the meaning that it's too late to do something)
*だけど however, though

言わせて 
iwasete 
let me say

*言わせて let me say (言う say + せてlet me do)

さよなら  の   前に
sayonara no maeni
before goodbye

*さよなら goodbye
*〜の (indicates possessive)
*前に before


OMG that was soooooo long!!!
Otsukare samadeshita (お疲れ様でした) to every one of you who went through all of that!!!
I hope it helped you, or maybe entertained you!
It's a great song, the lyrics are beautiful so as the melody and vocals, and especially the music video is awsome!! 


Also, I'm sure you'll be able to find some videos of them singing this song in concerts (they're actually all illegal) but they're all great so if you liked this song or kinda-got-a-bit-interest in AAA search it up on YouTube!


I'm planning to write more articles like this with AAA songs, but I'm totally fine doing it with other singer's songs, so if there's a song you want to understand the lyrics please comment below or send me a message on Twitter or Instagram! I'll try my best to translate and explain it! 

二つに別れてしまいましたが、初めての翻訳記事書き終えました!
率直な感想を言うとめちゃくちゃ大変でした。自分が何気なく話してる言語がこんなにも難しいものだとは思ってなかった…
でもとても新鮮でなんだかんだ楽しみながらできたと思います!
読んでくださる方いるのかな?自分の英語力向上のためにもこういった記事を書いているので、もし日本人の方でもここの英語間違ってない?とかいうご指摘があればぜひコメントでお知らせください!また、翻訳してほしい曲などがあればぜひそれも教えてください!

最後まで読んでいただきありがとうございます!
また次回お会いしましょう!

tuna
Twitter  @na_na_0713
Instagram @nana713.aaa

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Learn Japanese in Nissy! トリコ 

Hello and welcome back! Today on this article I'll be translating トリコ by Nissy a.k.a Takahiro Nishijima(西島隆弘)!! Nishijima Takahiro is a member of AAA, also working for a solo singer as Nissy! And today September 30th is his 33rd birthday!!! So, I thought of writing an article about one of his song!! Here's the link to his official homepage just in case you want to know more about him! https://avex.jp/nissy/ So トリコ(toriko)is a song that was released in 2018, and was the theme song for a Japanese movie あの子のトリコ (anokonotoriko) It's really a cute and catchy song with some easy dance moves and last year EVERYONE was uploading their dance videos! So let's get on to the translation! 君  の   話         は 素直   に  聞く よ?   kimi no hanashi ha sunao ni kiku yo? I'll listen to you obediently *君 You *〜の 's (indicates possessive) *話 talk, story *〜は (indicates contrast with other opinions so in this case, it says that I'll listen to YOU obediently, but

Learn Japanese in AAA! さよならの前に part 1

Hello, and thank you for checking this blog! Before starting, I'd like to introduce myself a bit since this is the first article I'm uploading in English. I'm Tuna, a freshman in a university in the states majoring in geology! I'm 100% pure Japanese, I lived in London, UK for about 2 years, and in New Jersey, USA for about two and a half years, but that was way back in second grade, so I know that my English is a bit childish and I make horrible grammar mistakes, and I apologize for that before you get confused. And please feel free to correct me in the comments! It'll definitely help me improve my English! Also the format I will be taking is from another website I used to study Korean! It might be hard to see so please let me know if there can be any improvements on that as well! So on this page, I will translate and explain the grammar and words that are used in a Japanese song  さよならの前に ( sayonaranomaeni )by  AAA ! (they're my favorite Jpop band!!!! Gre

ワガママ by Nissy (lyric translation)

Hello and welcome to TUNAlator! In this article, I will be translating a Japanese song ワガママ by Nissy (Nishijima Takahiro from AAA)!!! Nissy is a member of a six-member Jpop group, and ワガママis his third solo song that was released in 2013! It's his first solo ballad, and I'm sure it's many people's favorite Nissy song! The music video has a story and it might be nice to watch this first before going to the translation, it'll probably help you get the brief idea of this song! The melody, lyrics, and Nissy's voice are beautiful and it's just PERFECT. I've heard him singing this song live four times but I still get goosebumps, I even get them when I'm watching the DVD!!! So for this song, I won't write the detailed grammar explanation, but just the translation for each line! The translation would not be the direct translation of the words but the meaning of the line, and I'll try to make it sense as possible! Also, I just got advice f